Wednesday, 8 January 2014

A Student House Hunting We Will Go

     Its about that time of year again when the snow has stopped being pretty and the windchill is strong enough to freeze your feet to the ground despite the fact that you are wearing two pairs of socks and boots. What does this have to do with the title of this post, well relatively nothing except that when my boyfriend and I walk to houses or apartments to view we will likely freeze in our tracks.

    Okay back on track, so as mentioned I've begun the monumental task of trying to find a place to live in this coming fall with my boyfriend as both of our leases will be up by then. Both of us would preferably like to find a place relatively soon to soothe our minds and just give us reassurance for the future. Alas (yes, alas I like that word okay) here lies the problem, the majority of ap
artment buildings and places I have emailed don't actually know if they'll have any apartments available for the fall because Ontario's law only require the current tenants to give a 60 day advance notification of termination. This means that the majority of places I have emailed have told me to contact them in July... sigh -.- Thats all fine and good for them but my stress level most certainly does not appreciate it..

My general sentiments & also the first meme I've ever made ...
Made with the help of meme generator that is :p

    Ah well I suppose you've had enough of my ranting about housing for today.. Have you had any housing woes? Maybe you couldn't find a place like me, or you found the perfect place and the neighbours were crazy I'd love to hear what you have to say and I always respond to comments so we can commiserate about housing woes together :) or rather :/ or just... never mind I don't know what my computer expression is but I'd still love to hear from you :) and that is definitely a smiley! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the house hunting adventure, Sarah! It’s really a huge challenge looking at different properties for that one gem. That’s why others prefer a realtor or someone very knowledgeable about real estate at their side to guide them all through the process. It sounds like a lot to take in, but it will be worth it when you find the right apartment for you and your boyfriend. God luck!

    William Pender @ Guest & Brady

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for ] Blogger...