Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Mental Health Monday errr... Tuesday - Hi there its me


      Write now I'm sitting in a lecture, listening to a man talk about people from a long, long time ago and how you can age those skeletons. Apparently the Egyptians were pretty damn hungry considering in the lecture slideshow there was a picture of Egyptian carvings which showed the ribs of the skeletons. That makes me sad, it also makes me wonder how many ancient Egyptians were killed for mental health disorders because unlike hunger they couldn't be physically seen. Either way I'm starting to get a headache and I'm counting down the minutes until this lecture is over. 

      Why am I writing about this on a delayed Mental Health Monday post? Because I made it to this lecture and even though I'm only half paying attention now as I write this. I took notes for the first hour. Considering that I haven't made it to half of my anthropology classes for this particular lecture since the beginning of January when this term started, I'm pretty damn proud that I came and made notes.

     Because when you have depression, sometimes class doesn't happen, sometimes anxiety attacks happen and burrowing under blankets while hiding from the world happens instead. So yeah, I'm not entirely paying attention to the last twenty minutes of this lecture but so what. I'm here I've listened to the majority of this lecture and I took notes, so good for me.

   If you're reading this and judging me right now, whatever, go for it, I'm not writing this for you. I'm writing this for anyone else out there who might be suffering from a mental illness like depression to let you know that if you got out of bed and brushed your teeth today you are amazing. Its the little things that count, and my message to you is:

 YOU        ARE       AWESOME      BECAUSE     YOU     ARE     YOU !




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for ] Blogger...