Thursday, 6 March 2014

Inspiring Things

       When I logged in this afternoon to my blogger account I noticed that the last post I wrote was almost two weeks ago. I do apologize for neglecting you, my readers, for the past few weeks but I do promise that I am going to try and maintain 2-3 posts a week as I originally intended to do when I started this blog at the beginning of the year.

     Anyhow as I was sitting in bed just now I came to the realization that I could do with a little bit of inspiration, I mean who can't do with some inspiration now and again. I don't really think I'm going to be doing a whole lot over the next few hours of today but rest considering I went for a chest xray yesterday and discovered I have pneumonia. Nonetheless I feel like thinking about inspirational things so I thought I'd share some of the things that I find inspirational...

Love

Whether its literally puppy love, family love, friendship love, or romantic love. Love is inspiring. It fills you with all the warm fuzzies, dries your tears, holds you close, kisses away the bad days and makes the good days even better. 

Music

All over Facebook lately have been lists of bands that have inspired people. Music is universal and has the ability to touch so many different people because the variety of its genres provide a niche, or multiple niches for everyone. Some bands and their lyrics which have inspired me:

"The path to heaven runs through miles of crowded hell right to the top, don't look back, turn in the rags and give the commodities a rain check.... its time to begin isn't it I get a little bit bigger but then I'll admit I'm just the same as I was, now don't you understand I'm never changing who I am"
-From the Album Night Visions by: The Imagine Dragons 

"When the days are cold and the cards all fold, and your dreams all fail... but with the beast inside there's nowhere we can hide...look into my eyes its where my demons hide"
-From the Album Demons by: The Imagine Dragons



"When you're happy like a fool let it take you over, when everything is out you gotta let it in"
-From the Album Waking Up by: One Republic



"The stars the moon they have all been blown out, you left me in the dark, no dawn no day I'm always in this twilight in the shadow of your heart"
-From Lungs by: Florence + The Machine


Angels and Demons Soundtrack Theme by Hans Zimmer


-Sebastian From the Brideshead Revisited Soundtrack




Books


    Since I was small books have been the best sort of escape on the worst days and the nicest way to relax on the best.

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”  - C.s. Lewis

Here are two books that have inspired me and helped me through some emotionally stormy weather in the past:

-Sarah's Key by: Tatiana De Rosnay
-The Historian by: Elizabeth Kostova



Nature



Witchcraft

      I chose two pictures of candle spells I did to demonstrate this because, candle work is the most common type of witchcraft that I practice as it helps me to centre my energies. Also my piggy and boyfriend's foot are also depicted in the picture below, both of whom inspire me on a day to day basis... the boyfriend, not the foot that is. 






What Inspires you? Feel free to share in the comments below I always respond to the comments of my readers :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for ] Blogger...