Monday, 28 April 2014

I like Digital Art ... Who Knew?

      Although I began working with photoshop in January for a school assignment, I honestly didn't pay it much attention until yesterday. I've been looking into digitizing some of my artwork for my Etsy shop and my own personal use lately, which led me to view photoshop as a more legitimate tool for creating art. Originally I thought that it would be best if I simply scanned my art and then fixed up any scanning deficiencies with photoshop (something that I haven't quite gotten around to yet) and then it struck me, wouldn't it make so much more sense to just create art on photoshop?! I'll be the first to admit that I'm still learning how to do this whole online art thing, and up until yesterday I was more than a sceptic about digital art.

To see more of my work visit http://ittybittycelticwitch.etsy.com

       I always thought that digital art was a bit of a cop out for lazy people who didn't want to bother picking up a paint brush, boy was I wrong. Let me tell you photoshop is not a walk in the park. Learning to use it is about as difficult as learning to paint or sketch. The only easy part about it is that once you're finished your artwork its already in the digitized form required by printers (which cuts down quite a bit on cost).

To see more of my work visit http://ittybittycelticwitch.etsy.com

       There are digital artists who have created paintings as amazing as those artists who use a physical brush. I admit, I am a convert. I accept that photoshop is not easy to use and that digital art is real art. Will my mouse replace my paintbrush? No, its a mouse not a paint brush the two aren't really all that comparable. Will I continue to explore the world of creating digital art? In a word, yes. There are days when sitting in front of my laptop in bed is far more preferable to taking out the paint box but there will also be days where I feel the need to hold a brush in my hand.

To see more of my work visit http://ittybittycelticwitch.etsy.com

     For now I'm going to continue to explore this new horizon that has entered my life and see where it takes me.

What do you think of digital art and photoshop? Is it real art to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for ] Blogger...