Saturday, 10 May 2014

Witchy Youtube & Wicca -Witchcraft on the Internet

      This evening as I sipped my beer and edited a photo of a fairy hidey house for my etsy shop, IttyBittyCelticWitch, I stumbled across a trilogy of youtube videos on one woman's experiences with Wicca. Normally I quite honestly don't have the patience for youtube videos about Wicca, I find they become almost to obsessive with being the right and only way to practice witchcraft. Wiccans also continuously tend to portray traditional witchcraft as the wrong way of doing things (even though it was around centuries before Wicca) due to the fact that traditional witches don't all follow the same moral code unlike Wiccans who all follow the Wiccan Rede: 'Do what you will but harm none and so mote it be'. If I got the wording of the rede wrong I do apologize but that is the general gist of it.

To Receive a download of this Fairy house without a watermark click here

     So anyways, I was wandering the land of youtube and came across this video called: Wicca Would You Believe? and remembering the good experiences I had when I watched another witchy video on youtube about a village witch, I decided to go for it. I mean the beauty of youtube is that if the video sucks you can just look up another one. So I watched Part 1 and then Part 2 and then Part 3, it was just that good. Never once was there any slur against traditional witches (not that there was really any reference to them but thats okay too), nor was there any time when the witch said, well this is how it is and you can't do it any other way. Rather, the witch in video focused on what drew her to Wicca, how she practiced her faith through a devotion to Isis and as a High Priestess and how it all tied into her family life.

      Even though I'm a traditional witch and I don't follow Wicca, I felt that this video tied in aspects which are nearly universal to individuals exploring witchcraft, like, if you're a parent do you teach your kids the craft or what every one else is doing? Watch the video for yourself and let me know what you think? Does this video touch on aspects that all witches encounter or does it stay within Wicca?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for ] Blogger...