Sunday, 20 July 2014

Witchy Shopping Fun at The Cat, The Book and The Candle

        Recently I decided to venture out of my nest and decided to go on a bit of a witchy adventure. Normally all of my witchy adventures take place in my home, the park, in books or online (who doesn't love a bit of magical online shopping!), but this time my adventure was more so an out and about shopping adventure. Even though I'm a solitary, sometimes its nice to go out and about and see other witchies in the area. I don't really have a whole lot of desire to join a coven, I'm more of a follow the beat of my own drum kind of gal, but I do like having the occasional little chat with like-minded individuals. My favourite way to go about this, aside from talking to my witchy Aunt T (T's blog here: Sometimes its the Little Things) is to go to a metaphysical shop.


        So off I set on my magical adventure, with my wonderful boyfriend to a store in Cambridge, Ontario called The Cat, The Book and The Candle. There aren't many metaphysical stores in the area, so far as I've noticed there's only this one, meaning that I haven't been able to have a poke about in witchy store for a little while, so I was super excited when I happened upon it.


        After about an hour and a half of journeying on the transit we had finally arrived at The Cat, The Book and The Candle's quaint store front in Cambridge. The window displays of the shop are just filled with treasures like crystal balls, books, and candles. Inside the store is like a little piece of the otherworld, the walls are decorated with green man masks, pendants and prints, I fell in love with one particular Wheel of the Year print, that has inspired me to create my own (when I put my creative pants on that is). Surrounding the store are little tables with: crystals, pendulums, pendants, altar supplies for Wiccans, herbs, oils, necklaces, bracelets, runes, and tarot cards. My boyfriend and I must have been there an hour before we took it all in!



      Even more wonderful than all the magical things to purchase was the energy in the store. The store's owner, Jodi Cross a certified Hypnotist who offers readings and Reiki sessions, was an absolute dream. Her positive energy filled the store with a sense of peaceful, happiness and she was very helpful in answering my unending questions about what this or that crystal was for. When I'm ready for Reiki and a reading I would definitely go back to her!


      Now for the goodies... While I was browsing around I happened across a crystal ball on a little golden stand (featured in all the crystal ball pics in this post). From the moment I laid I eyes on it and picked it up I knew it needed to come home with me, when the energy calls you just have to answer it! So now I have a wee crystal ball sitting calmly at home next to my herb jars. I've yet to try it out but I'll be sure to write about that when it happens. I also came across a sweet little moonstone to add to my crystal collection, and my boyfriend bought me a gorgeous triquetra necklace on a blue ribbon for my birthday, which I have absolutely fallen in love with.


     Overall my witch adventure to The Cat, The Book and The Candle was absolutely magical and wonderful. If you're in the area I would definitely recommend a visit, if you're farther away she also has an online store: The Cat, The Book and The Candle Online, filled with even more goodies!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for ] Blogger...