Thursday, 14 January 2016

"After all this time? Always" - In Honour of Alan Rickman

     I was deeply saddened to hear of Alan Rickman's passing this morning. A lot of people think that it is silly to feel sad about the passing of someone you have never met in person, I don't. Alan Rickman was a huge part of my childhood because of what was his arguably most famous role as Severus Snape in Harry Potter. Even when reading the books, my imagination was captivated by the film's characters. Regardless of whether I knew him personally or not he was still right there in my living room and in my imagination casting spells and brewing potions.


      We're all on the planet together and in my humble opinion you don't have to know someone personally for them to profoundly impact your life. Did most people personally know Pope John Paul II? Definitely not, but he touched so many lives through his peaceful presence that even those who weren't Catholic grieved for his passing. In a way the same principle also applies when a beloved actor, performer, artist, inspirational speaker etc. passes on, if they've impacted your life then let yourself grieve a little, its okay you're human and you are allowed.

2 comments:

  1. Well said young lady and I agree whole heartedly. He was truly an amazing Actor. I for one will miss him deeply. Syker :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many Thanks Syker, he will surely be missed :(
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for ] Blogger...